Savvy Search Our Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

All American Barbeque Menu

This is the menu for my 4th of July BBQ.  It is a lot of food. The key to a good BBQ is good food and I aim to please. It is enough to keep people fed from lunch time through midnight. It even accommodates our vegetarian friends.

I would like to say that there is some magic formula for deciding on a menu. The truth is that Shelley and I LOVE to eat. And now three cheers for denial: hip, hip, hooray. Thanks to all the clothing manufacturer’s new size charts an 8 is now a 6 and a 10 is now an 8. So even though my waist is bigger, the label still says 8 and that is all that matters. (Seriously, I am trying to decide whether to use my real size or my internet profile size in the preceding sentence and I might just break out in hives before I post this.) Anyway, I selfishly plan every menu around what I want to eat. Then, I add my friend’s favorites—the corn and herb butter is for Bubba, my son requested the cookies and the Mac and Cheese is for my Darling Husband who insists on eating it for every occasion, even Christmas Dinner.

To minimize the hassle of shopping and to spread out the expense, I prepare my menu early and break up the shopping trips. OK, the truth is that I have a 2 year old and trips to the grocery store are no longer my friend. I have to get in and get out fast. This week I purchased things from the local warehouse club—plates, napkins, citronella candles, soda, bottled water, etc. Next week I will hit the grocery store to purchase the non-perishables. The week of the 4th I will get the rest.

I make extra sure to maintain proper holding temperatures throughout the day. Do not make food and leave it out at room temperature all day. Hot foods should be held above 140 degrees and cold food should be held below 41 degrees.
Ribs
Hot Dogs
Hamburgers

Corn on the Cob with herb butter
Baked Beans
Macaroni and Cheese
Louisiana Garlic Bread

Potato Salad
Broccoli Salad
Fruit Salad

Chips and Salsa
Veggie Tray and Dip

Lemonade
Sweet Tea
Water

Pie Alamode
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happing eating!

5 comments:

  1. If you have the time making the buns for the burgers homemade makes it super special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip Michelle, thanks for sharing!

    Jo and Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am entirely agreed with this article, and I just want say that this article is very helpful and enlightening. I also have some precious piece of concerned info !!!!!!Thanks. party strippers instead of a strip club

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one.

    pcos diet chart vegetarian

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...